"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wiccan hazards no one warned me about...

I think I was a little too enthusiastic in my prayers tonight since I set my Book of Shadows on fire. I had to pause in the middle of my invocation to Lord Osiris to beat my BoS on my altar to put out the flames!!!

I suppose that's one way to create a Beltane bonfire....

At any rate, neither my BoS nor my altar (nor me, for that matter) is any the worse for wear.

Speaking of my BoS, I've treated myself to a grimoire from Brahm's Bookworks. It should be arriving in about six weeks. Even though they offer an 'Egyptian' grimoire, I picked out the Witch's Grimoire (tm), finding the Egyptian one 'too busy.' Also, the WG seemed to better represent the whole of me--a Wiccan AND Witch. An Egyptian-themed BoS would only highlight a tiny part of my faith. I didn't order the 'grand tome' because I found the size too unwieldy for practical application. I figure that when I fill my first grimoire, I'll then order the 'Egyptian' one. At that point, I'll probably use the first grimoire for my Witchcrafty stuff and the Egyptian one for the Wiccan stuff. At least, if the pages are as easy to manipulate as the site claims. At any rate, I've wanted one of Brahm and Robyn's grimoires for ages now and I can't wait to hold it in my hands!

No comments: