"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Financial Software Update

Well, my love affair with Cashbox was short lived. I was having a difficult time with the report functions and discovered that, lo and behold, I wanted to track my spending by very anal categories!

So, I did some more research and found another freeware app with potential called Buddi. I'm definitely at home there. It's easy to use, full featured, and the developer responds to emails very quickly. I've already made a donation, and this less than 24 hours after migrating over from Cashbox! It's even supported on a bunch of platforms, including BOTH Windows and OS X!

I recommend checking out the 'Developer's' site to download the still-in-beta version 2.9, which is much more intuitive and full-featured than the current fully tested 2.6. The developer is using the beta version for his own personal use, so that gives me confidence in it. Moreover, the more people who use the app and report bugs, the better it'll be!

No comments: