"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

One person's trash...

Whenever I see a pile of trash, especially on a non-trash pickup day, I sneak a peak. Today, I saw some cruddy looking shelving units, a filthy broom, and... a perfectly good Swiffer broom.

My house has two stories and both get coated with cat fur very quickly, so I like to Swiffer between vacuum cleaner jobs. I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a Swiffer broom on each level, much the way I have a cleaning supply caddy on each floor. Too often, I head downstairs to get the Swiffer, get caught up in something else, and forget to go back up with the broom.

The gods sure do work in mysterious ways! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Bast said...

I always look, too!

I've found some lovely things in other people's castoffs.