"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pantry Cooking, Redux

I made Raven's Food Fatigue Pantry Pasta again tonight with two substitutions. The first, broad egg noodles, didn't change the dish much. The second one, however, really brought out all the flavours and tied the shrimps/veggies to the pasta. All I did was add about a tablespoon of sour cream to the shrimps and veggies before removing them from the pan. I'm sure regular cream would work, too, but I like the taste of the sour cream. It works well with the garlic and lemon and really coats the whole meal.

I normally watch my calories a bit more, but I washed all my floors on my hands and knees today, so I figure that a tablespoon of sour cream won't add very many calories to my day. :-)

No comments: