"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, February 18, 2008

Meme

Tagged for a meme (!)

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

1001 Petals

2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

-I think grilled cheese sandwiches taste best when cut into triangles;

-My favourite type of coffee is Sumatra;

-I like to do things that scare me so that I never have to do them again (like rappelling, falling in love, rafting over a waterfall, and eating raw clam);

-The magnetic stripe on my bank card has begun to fail, but I don't want to change the card because I know its number by heart, have had it for about fifteen years, and have used it in a kazillion places between Los Angeles and northern Scotland. Bonus factoid: I get sentimental about the silliest things;

-My favourite word of all the languages I've ever been exposed to is 'quincaillerie.'

3. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

Life is too short and the world too vast to go someplace twice, much as I'd love to return to Scotland and Colorado some day, so...

-Abydos, Egypt;
-the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro;
-Siberia;
-the Canadian north;
-Fiji

4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.

Eeeeeeeeep, I don't 'virtually know' anyone well enough to do this part! If someone other than 1001 Petals is reading, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

1001 Petals said...

I also think grilled cheese sandwiches taste best cut in triangles. .my husband made one yesterday and just cut it in half and I thought, how could he do that? lol Love the corners.. :)

What does, "quincaillerie" mean?

I guess I cheated a bit on my list of places as Scotland/England are places I'm sure I'll return to many times as my husband is from there and we go to visit his family. I love them but wouldn't waste vacation time and funds seeing the same places over and over if it wasn't for family.

I hardly know anyone in the public blogging world too, just my LJ friends and a couple blogspot bloggers, so it's really nice that you filled this out.

Rae said...

Quincaillerie means hardware, especially in the sense of nails, screws, nuts, bolts, hinges, etc., and is also the word for a store that sells such items. I love the sonority of the word as well as the memories associated with it.

I agree that a special dispensation exists for places where family and friends live! I know I'll be visiting San Francisco and Halifax again, for example, since good friends live there. Couch surfing is a good thing!