"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Plumbing Resolution At Last

Warning: This post is not for the faint of stomach. :-)

The reason I splurged here on full hookups including sewer was that I knew I had to do something about my black holding tank. I didn't want to find myself again in a situation where I was so desperate to dump I had to follow bad directions and break my vehicles again. I also found that parking at a public dump station doesn't work well; someone always ends up queuing in behind me.

I tried Kevin's recipe and that helped a bit. I tried wanding the tank with high pressure bursts of water. That helped a bit. Finally, I decided it was time for big measures. I grabbed a slim, narrow, and not sharp object and jammed it down there. I'll spare you any olfactory descriptions, but, within five seconds of moving the stick around, WHOOSH!, the tank was absolutely empty!

This morning, I filled the tank completely and emptied it, then I sent the non-potable hose down there for a complete rinse. My sensors still say my tank is critically full, but those sensors, like most RV sensors, are absolutely useless. :-)

Holding tanks are empty, fresh water tank is full, and I'm reasonably well rested. I guess it's time to move on and see what Brandon has to offer in way of tourism. :-)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for the warning ;-)