"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Running out of Superlatives

Three weeks ago at this time I had just completed my first day on the road and was camped within site of very familiar lac Roland in Quebec's VĂ©rendrye Park.

Tonight, I can see the Canadian Rockies from my living room window.

I've run the whole gamut of emotions these past three weeks, but not once have I shed a tear, and now I can't stop crying. I am so overwhelmed in the best of senses by this life I have chosen, by this country I was fortunate to be born in, by the variety of its landscapes and the generosity of its people, and by all the opportunities it gives me.

I'm at a really nice park about an hour west of Calgary and will be here for a full week. I hope to visit Banff, Calgary, Canmore, and Drumheller from here while reserving some time to research my mountain crossing, to figure out exactly what town I should use as a base of operations when I get to British Columbia, and to start looking for work.

No comments: