"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, December 15, 2008

Propane Usage

I filled my propane tank today (thankfully, the place in Oliver, two blocks away, was open!). Exactly 44 hours elapsed between the time when I plugged in the tank on Saturday and the time when I did so today. In that time, I used 20lbs of propane, or 2/3s of a tank. Based on that usage, I would have made it to tomorrow morning on my tank. I have been using an average of .5lbs of propane per hour, or 12lbs per 24 hours. I'll fill up again Wednesday morning and do the math again. My power usage is also apparently through the roof, but what can I do? I feel like I'm trying to survive an ice age in a cardboard box!!!

At least, there is a wonderful bright sun out there and it's making a significant difference in the comfort level in here.

No comments: