"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Friday, December 12, 2008

RV Park Gouging

One of the most unpleasant realities of living in RV parks is the way in which owners gouge clients by creating 'extras' that are not built into the flat fee. There is one park that will not be named that charges $30 a month per child, for example.

Then, there's the park in Fort Langley that I was looking forward to going to. The rates were attractive, but I saw a note that there is a 2$ charge per pet per day. I was going to ignore that since my cats don't go outside, but then I realised that since they like to sit by a window, management would know I have pets. So, I emailed back to confirm that the pet fee wouldn't apply to pets that don't go outside. Nope. They wanted to charge me an extra 20$ per month for them!!!

I replied that this was ridiculous and that I won't be staying at their campground.

No comments: