"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Okay, now what

Doing some Googling and not-so-random surfing, I've come to the realisation that there is a ton of information out there for how to get out of debt, but very little for what to do after!

I'm 'interviewing' a financial advisor at the beginning of September and I hope he can steer me in the right direction. Goals include: investing a nice chunk and adding to it in view of buying another house; setting up emergency and travel funds; and coming up with a usable spending plan. I also want to discuss retirement with him; as a civil servant I have a great pension plan and I could retire at 55... but I want to retire much earlier than that! :-) Looking at this laundry list, it seems impossible--a house, a travel fund, early retirement??? But I suspect it might be possible if I remain debt free (okay, except for the car, but there's less than two years left on that) and I pay off my mortgage really quickly when I get one.

Freedom is so close I can taste it. Now, if I could just get my browser to block out eBay.... :-)

No comments: