"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Paying Yourself First

For the past three years, I've had a teeny weeny sum of money deducted from each paycheque for the purchase of government bonds. While making my up list of assets for the financial adviser, I decided to go see if the bonds were worth listing as assets. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I've managed to sock away more than 750$ in three years without feeling the pinch. That might not sounds like a lot, but 250$ a year was a lot considering my cash flow issues over the past few years.

We're a couple of months away to being able to update our bond deduction amounts and I'm going to up mine to 25$. I won't miss it since I'll be getting a raise a month later.

I must confess that I'm not sure how bonds work, so that'll be another question for the financial adviser. I know I can redeem now and that there's a 'maturity date', and I'm supposing that I'm best to keep the money there until the 'maturity date'...

No comments: