"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

At Last!

I have a financial adviser and a Plan. Provided I stick to it (won't be hard as it requires few concessions, with the toughest being that I stick with the civil service for another 17 years), I'll have it all--the trip to Egypt and Tanzania, the Manitoba homestead, and retirement at the ripe old age of 45 years. One thing that was made clear is that I need to move up and my salary between 39 and 45 is going to be very determinative in whether I can afford full or partial (ie. working part-time) retirement.

Provided I don't get married and/or have kids, of course, which would screw up said Plan.

No comments: