"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Isolation

I am five days into a spending moratorium.

That's five whole days where I haven't spent a single penny!

I've been on a whirlwind spending spree since the spring and know from experience that the best way to stop a habit is going cold turkey. I do have to say that this is a wee bit more rigourous than I'd planned, but I'm pleased. I'm taking a mini-holiday this weekend and it's nice to know that restaurants and movies will be genuine splurges.

But I do feel a tad isolated. One of my colleagues and I often take breaks together, but I've been avoiding her this week. When we go on break, we usually end up getting coffee and/or a piece of clothing at Reitmans. Yes, I am able to resist peer pressure, but it's just easier to not have the temptation in the first place.

I'm also five days into the 'diet' and can tell that things are working since I'm seriously craving McDonald's (something that normally happens every, oh, five years or so, LOL!). I just hope I can still be 'good' this weekend, although I won't be a stick in the mud when I get invited to my favourite Toronto restaurants. :-)

No comments: