"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

ICICI Bank Canada

CICI is a virtual bank with a similar set up to ING Direct, but which has several advantages over the latter:

-A better interest rate on your savings (4.5%);
-Friendlier and more helpful customer service;
-Better ethics (eg. no poaching of clients).

My financial adviser confirmed that ICICI offers the best interest rate for a savings account (ING offers 3.5% to 3.75% only!).

I find it easier to transfer money between my ICICI and regular bank accounts than I did when I was with ING. The online interface for ICICI just seems friendlier.

If anyone is interested, I'll send them a referral. If my referrals sign up, we each get 20 bucks.

No comments: