"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kitties

Back to more mundane topics. :-)

My cats have been insanely cuddly since I got home on Saturday. My catsitter says that she did not see my girl at all when she came over. Soon as I was through the door, though, said girl was in my arms. Obviously, my cat recognizes me. She pines when I'm gone. She's very affectionate (more so than usual) in the days after I return from an extended absence. And, still, people say that I could give her to someone else and my cat would never know the difference. Yeah.

My boy has also been behaving strangely since I got back, jumping into my lap (something he's only done a couple of times since I got him last July) and talking to me (he's normally the strong silent type).

It's nice to be loved and it feels extra special to know that not many people can see that love.

2 comments:

1001 Petals said...

Someone actually said that you could give them away and they wouldn't know the difference?? That person obviously doesn't know cats :) I find them to be very intelligent animals fully capable of attachment. Maybe you could post some photos sometime! I love cats!!!

Rae said...

My financial planner asked me why I haven't joined the military (a very pertinent question for the discussion we were having) and I mentioned my babies as a reason. He scoffed at that, saying that cats aren't dogs. I told him that they are. He actually seemed open minded to changing his opinion about cats.