"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another goal reached

If you scroll down to the bottom of my blog, there's a weightloss ticker. I started it at the weight I was the first day of my new eating plan, a conveniently easy to remember 200lbs. So, according to it I'm at just shy of 17lbs weight loss.

But if I use the number that was on the scale the day I made the decision to change my dietary habits, 203lbs, I can now proudly say that I have lost a full 20lbs this summer!

The change has been so subtle that few people even notice it even though I now wear a full size smaller than I did in May, and am even wearing some pieces that are two sizes smaller. The person who noticed the change the most was my surgeon, who didn't know if she should be proud or dismayed that I've lost a full cup size! But, slow as it has been, this is the sort of change that can really stick, as it is steady.

I'm not even halfway to my goal of reaching my healthy target weight of 155lbs, but the 20lbs behind me make the 25lbs left seem attainable. I'm confident that my new lifestyle is going to support further weight loss.

Yup, it's been quite the summer. I even started to wear pants again.

No comments: