"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, August 18, 2008

Funny How Things Work Out

Saturday's horde was supposed to take off with all my appliances. But the deal on the fridge and stove fell through, so I was left with them. About three hours after the horde left, I received a slightly panicky telephone call from my landlords wondering if my fridge and stove were still available for sale.... So I now have both right up until the day I leave and I don't have to coordinate their departure from the house. AND I got the price I wanted for them. Yay!

I had a bit of a meltdown when I woke up this morning and realised just how little time I have left, so I've been using my breaks to chip away at my humongous to do list.

First order of business was to find a place to camp for my last five days. Plan A worked out just fine, YAY!!!

I then cancelled my Hydro Quebec account online, but will need to call the doofuses there to confirm that they'll be sending my final bill the way they send all my bills, via email.

Finally, I confirmed with my insurance company that the changes I'd asked for have gone through. As it turns out, the company's headquarters burned to the ground a few weeks back (!), so they're having major delays, but I should be getting my paperwork before I leave.

What's left? Oh so much. :-)

No comments: