"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Saturday, August 16, 2008

An Ending Moves into a Beginning

In a matter of hours a horde will descend upon my house, filling it like hungry little fire ants attacking a prey. When it scatters, the house will be quite empty.

I'll then have two weeks to continue bringing items to Miranda and get rid of the rest. I really don't have that much left to bring at this time, though. What's left is mostly stuff I don't want to do without in the next couple of weeks, like my clothes, computer set up, DVD cases, and mattress. For the last big haul, I would like to bring Miranda here one day, finish filling her up, and then leave for good. That will hopefully happen on Saturday the 30th. I had planned to spend that weekend at a campground but only just clued in that, HELLO!, it's the Labour Day weekend! I'll be lucky to find a campground close by that still has spots left. I'll make some calls on Monday, but I have a couple of other options in mind.

I will spend my last two weeks in this house the way I spent the first two weeks, with very little furniture and no appliances, and will be coming full circle as I move back into a metal tube on wheels. Had someone told me last March that I would be moving back into such an abode, I would have laughed. Life is the strangest ride.

No comments: