"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, August 18, 2008

Slowing Down

One of the things on my 'to do' list is to make a reservation for a guided tour of the Cité de l'or in Val D'or.

I looked at the details of the various tours and realised that they involve a full day. So, I probably wouldn't be able to leave Vérendrye park on the 5th and get to the tour without rushing. Well, I decided, I'd just have to take the shorter tour, then!

Which is when I kicked myself in the pants and reminded myself that I've been wanting to go to Val D'or for six years and that I can give the city the time it needs, whether it's a day or three, and that I'M IN NO RUSH.

It feels so strange to be sitting here, on a damp and dreary evening, with so much to do and work to go to tomorrow, and to just take a moment out of time to breathe and plan something fun that is reminding me of just why I want to do this in the first place.

No comments: