"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dinner Out of Nowhere

I need to go grocery shopping again, but haven't had time because of my work schedule here. So, for dinner tonight I fathomed I'd wind up eating a potato with some cheese. But, I thought I should rummage through the freezer first. I couldn't believe:

a) what I found;
b) that I forgot about it;
c) that my freezer is huge enough to lose something in it.

I found...

A big, beautiful, yummy salmon fillet! I bought a huge fillet some time ago, cut it in half, and froze the portion I wasn't going to eat straight away.

Thirty minutes later, I tucked into a meal of roasted potatoes, grilled salmon, green beans, and corn.

I found the green beans in the freezer. They weren't lost, I just forgot about them. :-)