"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, October 6, 2008

Pounding the Pavement

Whew.

This morning, I visited every single winery between Oliver and Osoyoos. While a few persons I spoke to were very friendly, most were snooty. I was told several times that I would not be considered for picking because they only hire teams of two. I left resumés at all of them and made it clear that I'm interested in any job, not just picking, so we'll see what happens. I'm definitely not in Alberta anymore!

For the afternoon, I planned to visit a few RV parks between Oliver and Penticton. The first one I stopped at was so promising I decided it wasn't worth my while to use more gas until I hear back from the manager tomorrow! I'm not saying more about that as I don't want to jinx it. :)

No comments: