"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Total Randomness

I've resisted writing about the upcoming election (the one that matters, on October 14th, not the one happening in November *winks*), but today I saw a sign that just made me laugh. As it turns out, I'm in the riding of a certain Mr. Stockwell Day, former leader of the Canadian Alliance. That's all well and good, except that his name gave me pause for the first time in my life. Maybe I've been doing too much dry camping. I don't know, but I find that his name sounds like a once a year event at Walmart. Come celebrate Stock Well Day, when we refresh our inventory!

As I said, total randomness.

Oh, and vote orange! I did so by special ballot way back when I was in Edmonton.

2 comments:

1001 Petals said...

Yeah, he does have a funny name, doesn't he? You'd think he might be more laidback with a name like that.

I always vote NDP, we have that in common :) Well, the first time I ever-ever voted, I voted Green.

Rae said...

I dunno, his name sounds a bit like it belongs to someone with a stick up his...

I always vote NDP at the federal level and Green at the provincial level.