"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The End of the Road!

Well, sort of!

Friday morning, I move about three kilometres north of here to just within the Oliver town limits, and I'll be staying there right through to February or March!

I've been 'hired' as an after hours campground host, by the first campground at which I inquired about such work! I'll be on duty Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings in exchange for full hookups! Let me repeat that: I'll be 'paid' to stay home weekday evenings. LOL If the weather here is as good as propaganda says it is, I probably won't have to do too much to get Miranda comfortable and I might be able to keep her mobile enough to make it worth taking her out on my three day weekends, if I'm not working. We'll see!

The manager's family owns the supermarket and I've been advised to show up with a resumé. It's not quite the sort of work I'm looking for, but I won't turn up my nose at it!

Sounds like it will be a quiet winter and just what I'm looking for. I just love the thought of taking on easy work with little responsibility. I know that my pay will take a sharp drop unless I get really lucky paying work-wise, but I'm tired. I've been working since I was thirteen years old and most of that work entailed heavy responsibilities. Just let me earn enough to pay my bills and put some aside for the summer and I'll be happy.

No comments: