"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nice to Be Organized

Yesterday, I found a taker for my television, VCR, DVD player, rabbit ears, and several boxes of VHS tapes, all which I swore on the weekend I'd dusted for the last time. The taker said he would come between 5:30 and 6PM. I got home at 4:30 and it took me about ten minutes to assemble in a box the instruction manuals for all the devices (my tv and vcr are ten years old and I still have the manuals); the remotes; and the cables; as well as grab a couple of empty boxes from the dungeon for them to put their selected tapes into. By 5, I was ready for the pickup and assembling a nice dinner that would take about an hour to bake so I could eat when they left. At 5:15, I sat down at the kitchen table to continue work on a jigsaw puzzle I started on Tuesday.

The man and his daughter showed up at 5:40 with grocery bags for the tapes and were wide-eyed with wonder at how organized I was. They had expected a mess of cables and bit parts and there I was with a nicely packed box (containing instruction manuals!!!) topped with the VCR while all the tapes were arranged neatly on the floor so that the daughter could at a glance identify what she wanted. They were gone in fifteen minutes, I put away the tapes they didn't want, then tucked into my yummy salmon and baked potato dinner.

Just a few months ago I would have been scrambling to locate the remotes, much less the instruction manuals!

It was hard to see some of the tapes go since most of their contents isn't available on DVD, but so be it.

The weight of my world continues to feel lighter. Nine months till the big move!

No comments: