"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Faith

Whenever I think that I've fully grasped the concept of 'faith', I get faced with a trial that tests it... and I always fail. Take today, for example. Early this morning, I encountered a seemingly unsurmountable financial bump in my path. I was completely freaked out and panicked, even though I know from past experience that my gods always manage to find a way to pull me back from the brink, and, without resorting to such things as lottery winnings or an inheritance from a long-lost relative, find me just enough money to see me through the trouble.

I just couldn't imagine such a scenario happening for today. So, my gods came up with one that had only the slimmest chance of ever happening. Well, it did and I'm saved, again, and I am once again humbled by the love these deities have for a Witch who has yet to figure out what she's done right to merit this sort of attention.

No comments: