"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Too Rare Occurrence

I belong to the 'stay up all night if you have to, but work gets done before bed' school of homemaking. If I'm waking up to a to-do list as long as my arm, I'm not going to get out of bed, and I'm hard enough to get out of bed when I don't have a to-do list.

Yesterday's shuffle meant that I went to sleep with a pretty neat house. Before I am to leave for my volunteer shift, I needed to take some furniture outside (and cover it) for pickup, and then dress in my uniform. Before bed, I laid out all the uniform bits I tend to scramble for (usually black socks) and positioned the furniture so that it could easily be hauled outside. I also put away my newly clean dishes.

Before bed, I wound down with a hot shower and some DVD watching (I have not 'watched tv' in two weeks) then passed out around midnight. Next thing I knew, I was wide awake and raring to go. It was 7AM. Normally, I need at least 8 hours, if not 10, to be remotely conscious. Lolling around in bed wasn't tempting because my morning would require no effort. In fact, I got up, pulled on some warm things, spent a half hour or so dragging things outside, had a leisurely cup of coffee, checked my online stuff, and am now having breakfast.

I know that the main reason I'm so hard to drag out of bed in the morning is that I don't want to face my house. But when all I have to face is a couple of hours to wile away any way I want, including some exercise in the new fallen snow, well, I can get up!!!

No comments: