"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Frustration

The more I look at buses and class As for sale, the more I ache for a Class C model. Even though they are smaller (although some do go up to 30'), the ones with a rear bedroom layout are much better suited to my lifestyle. I could sleep in the cab-over bunk and dedicate the bedroom to being my study. With the buses and class As, there would be a huge chunk of living space that I wouldn't use much. I mean, how often do you go into your bedroom for the day if it's a place dedicated to sleeping?

Some people do full-time in class Cs, but weight and towing capability is such an issue. I did get wind of diesel Cs and that's what I'm investigating now. I could probably get a nearly new class C diesel for the price I'm willing to pay for a very used A or bus.

A friend offered me a corner of her basement for storage if I want it and I'm beginning to think that I'd be best to take her up on her offer. What I'd have to store is going to sound silly since it's made up of items one would not associate with sentimentality: dishes, mixing bowls, serving utensils, and the like. These are items that have been passed down through several generations on both sides of my family and are not replaceable. Whether I got a C or an A (or a bus), I'd still have to divest myself of these items. So...

Going through the house, I see so much that I use daily or that I would use daily that I'm not sure would fit in a light A, much less a class C--tools, my Wicca library (and my cauldron, while I'm at it), the iMac, the laser printer, the artwork, the two cases of DVDs... I know it's just 'stuff', but it's the 20% of my life that means something to me, that is me, that I am not willing to give up.

No comments: