"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

RV Inspection, Redux, and Goals

Yup, the guy wants to sell. He emailed me earlier to say that if I'm still interested in the coach on Monday he'll take it in for a QC inspection and not to worry myself about getting any information on that. Since the inspection results in paperwork he'll need to hand me, I am comfortable with pawing off this task on him. He's going to cry when I make my offer, but I won't be surprised if he comes crawling back to me in a month or two begging to sell. In the meantime, I'd keep looking for something else. Anyway, I need to keep taking this one step at a time. Soon as I saw the cost for a satellite system and the work involved in setting up solar panel, I realised that I need to slow down and breathe, LOL!!!

While I'm telling people that I'm hitting the road for a year, I know that's not true. I'm aiming for this change to be a permanent one. My biggest goal for the year is to prove to myself that I can make a very good and reliable living without having to rely on an 8-4 job. So, I want to find a good balance between taking time for my (currently shamefully neglected) online business and outside work.

I've always wanted to learn self-sufficiency of the off-grid kind. How often have I said that I dream of a home that's off the grid? I want to be able to 'boondock' for weeks at a time so I don't have to rely on pricey parks with hookups. My goal for my trek to BC is to only pay for accommodations once per week, and only if needed to recharge my batteries and/or empty and fill tanks. If I do this, then my only major expense for the trek will be gas. I can already see myself outside the big store with the red, white, and blue sign going "Home, sweet Wal-mart." *ggl*

Life is a marvelous thing, is it not?

No comments: