"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

RV Inspection

The current owner of the coach I'm interested in emailed back upon noticing that, hey!, I have a Quebec telephone number. He then proceeded to tell me out right "This coach needs a grand worth of work to pass a Quebec safety check."

That last bit hardly made me blink, but his being so forthright did. I told him that I want to see the coach (we're meeting on Monday) and that the step after that would be taking it in for a safety check. Once that's done, I'll have a better idea of how much work I'd need to have done to have the sucker plated in Quebec and, therefore, how much I'd be willing to spend.

The guy sounds eager to sell, so I remain optimistic. I think that with a less eager buyer he risked shooting himself in the foot, though. At any rate, I'll be contacting the safety inspection centre people to find out how much one of those inspections costs and how long it takes to get an appointment. My intention is to pay for the safety myself and have him the take the coach in on his own time.

No comments: