"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Motivation

For weeks, even months, now, I've been telling myself "Raven, you need to order new lenses for your glasses." But have I bothered? Noooo. I hate doing it because then I wind up having to wear an ancient and really scratched up pair while the good ones are in the shop.

Well, this morning I stepped out of bed and heard a sickening crunch.

One of my darlings knocked my glasses off the bedside table last night. Result of my stepping on them: one lens snapped right in two, and the ear piece on that side was scrunched up.

I promptly took them to my optometrist who told me it would take up to 10 business days to get the glasses fixed. I fibbed and told her I only have my sunglasses to fall back on, so she said she'd try to 'rush' the order. Hopefully, that'll help. I'm curious to see how much my insurance will reimburse me for lenses only as I've never made such a claim.

I can't even be annoyed with the cats. :-D

No comments: