"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, June 16, 2008

Plunging

I'm now waiting for the RV's current owner to call me so we can discuss the terms of surrender. Erm, purchase. I've come up with a list of items I'd like for him to include as well as the price I'm willing to pay. I don't feel like dithering with him. He and his wife are very open and honest and it'd just feel like an insult to give him a stupidly low figure and then work our way up to the price I'm willing to pay.

(I need to stop staring at the phone. :-D)

Mechanical inspection, insurance, and financing are more or less settled. The first two more, the last one less. A friend's step-father should be available to check the truck portion of the RV (brakes, chassis, engine, tires, etc.), I've found an insurance company that caters to Quebec full-timers (!!!), and the guy at the bank is fairly sure based on our conversation that a loan won't be a problem. I'm just not crazy about the loan terms since I know that dealer financing for RVs provides much better rates and terms. I have one more lead to follow before I make a formal, credit-report dinging, request from the bank.

I'm still trying to figure out how I wound up at this stage so quickly.

I told a colleague/friend today that I'm scared witless by this project and she didn't believe me. But I am! It's just that I've learned in life that great things lie beyond fear. I just can't wait for terror to give way to enthusiasm! LOL

No comments: