"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, June 30, 2008

Storing Things

I was adamant that I didn't want to store anything. It just made no sense to me--you pay for storage and it winds up costing you more than it would have cost you to replace the things and/or you have things stored at no cost to you and it winds up costing you more to ship them out cross-country than it would have cost you to replace the things.

My mother is adamant that I store my kitchen things in her garage if I'm not bringing them with me, mostly because the stuff is either very new or has sentimental value. She's offered me a corner of her garage for a year or two. So, I figure that the only way I'll get her off my back about this subject is to let her get involved a bit. Therefore, when she comes to pick up the furniture my sisters want, I'll let her take off with a few boxes of the kitchen stuff I'll miss the most--my dad's casserole dishes and mixing bowls, my blue willow, my collection of beer glasses, and a few other items.

This isn't entirely altruistic, of course, nor frugal, because it'll give me an excuse to stock up on new, more RV-friendly things! I want to get a lot of 'popware'; that is silicon and plastic items that store flat, lighter pots and pans, light dishes, etc. I do so love setting up a new home. :-)

No comments: