"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, July 14, 2008

Coming Together Indeed...

I continue to marvel at how this project of mine is coming together.

I haven't given a lot of thought to finding work on the road, but it has been at the back of my mind, enough for me to envision an 'ideal' scenario for the winter.

I don't plan to travel, at least not much, during the winter. After a month of driving across the country and up to a month of going from place to place picking fruit, I will have most likely exhausted my current savings and even racked up a bit of debt. So, I figured that staying put for the winter would be my best bet.

Therefore, I'm hoping to find work at a campground located near a large urban centre (probably either Victoria or Vancouver), one where I could work enough part-time hours evenings and weekends to guarantee me free rent for the winter. I would then supplement this with part or full-time work 'in town' at a 'real' job with good pay, enabling me to build up my bank account again.

Sounds like a tall order, right?

Well, I just sent off a resumé in response to a job posting that meets all of these requirements!

No comments: