"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Close...

Miranda is legally mine. I received the necessary paperwork today to go to the SAAQ and get her plated. Once again, I lucked out with a licence plate that has numbers which are meaningful to me, so I already know the plate number by heart.

She's legally mine... but I have no keys yet. I have nothing nice and or non-sarcastic to say about that, so I'll refrain from commenting.

I got Pommette the toad back from having her base plate installed. There is still more to do, and I still can't tow, but I'm very close. In order for me to be able to tow, I'm missing the plug that would connect the car electric system to Miranda's. I didn't know what sort of plug she has, so the mechanic was unable to install it. I went over tonight to ogle my gal, pet her, and take a photograph of the connector. Hopefully, the missing component can be installed tomorrow. After, there's another thing that needs to be installed, but I'll be okay to tow short distances until Blue Ox gets the part to the garage.

Finally, my back up camera arrived. I took one look at the installation instructions and blanched, but I'm sure I can get it installed. It'll just take longer than the instructions say it will.

No comments: