"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Monday, July 7, 2008

Proverbial Stone

Whew, I didn't intend to get insurance issues sorted out today, but I did! I'm thrilled with the coverage and price I got for a 'Globe Trotter Plus Nomad' (love that!) policy... that includes road side assistance for the RV. One less thing to research. *Rae heaves a huge sigh of relief*

I still need to check if my plans will affect my car policy (which I'll need to maintain with my current insurer), so I could still be in for surprises, insurance-wise, but I think the worst is over.

The fact that I will be out of Quebec for a year was a huge problem and I had to swear up and down and promise my firstborn child that I would not go to the United States for more than a couple of weeks at a time, and for no more than 6 mos total, as well as pay a premium. I can't figure out why my country is so difficult about people crossing its provincial borders for more than 6 mos. I know it has something to do with the health care regimes and provincial income tax, but all of that comes out in the wash if you ask me. *rolls eyes*

Okay, so now I'm waiting for the financing to be settled. This is stressing me out, probably more than it should. It's just that plans B through Z aren't nearly as advantageous as plan A and could really cramp my style. *prays*

No comments: